Glaucoma is caused by a number of different eye diseases that in most cases produce increased pressure within the eye. This elevated pressure is caused by a backup of fluid in the eye. Over time, it causes damage to the optic nerve. Through early detection, diagnosis and treatment, you and your doctor can help to preserve your vision.
The misalignment of the eyes can be caused by a problem with the eye muscles or by an uncorrected vision problem, such as short-sightedness or long-sightedness.
Squints are common and affect about 1 in 20 children. They usually develop before a child is five years of age, but they can appear later. It is very important that a squint is picked up and treated as early as possible to avoid vision problems developing. If a squint is identified when a child is young, there is a good chance that it will be successfully treated.
Get your Eyes Treated at Eye Max Eye Hospital Glaucoma Clinic, Lucknow
Who is at the risk of developing Glaucoma ?:
– People over the age of 45.
– People who have a family history of glaucoma.
– People with abnormally high intraocular pressure (IOP).
– People of African descent.
– People who have Diabetes, Myopia, long-term Steroid/Cortisone use and previous eye injury.